2010年4月5日 星期一

f&B cOOKING cLASS*



I do not have to attend the lesson of F&B II because I have attended it last week. I have meeting with my groupmates of F&B II at 10:00 concerning our practical examination. The theme of our examination is Alice in the Wonderland. So amazing to have a Disney theme in our examination. This is again a large group of people in a team. FOURTEEN people. However, we come from 3 separate small teams, so we can work easily with our small groups. My group and I are responsible for decorating the Millennium Training Restaurant. Just wondering how to find so many decoration stuff like pokers and rabbits in both very big and small size. We all agree that the result of this subject's practical examination depends on the budget of us. The more the money we spend on beautiful decoration, nice design of printed materials and expensive promotional drinks, the higher the grade the examination is. If you are poor, please do not expect you will have a high mark. haha







After the one hour and a half meeting, we need to attend the lesson of F&B I, which is the cooking class. It is the boys' turn to be the management team. I am responsible for cooking the pumpkin soup. When I first receive the recipe, I am surprise that they add celery and leek into the soup. It is strange! The 4-dish luncheon is prepared "easily" as we still have about an hour left when we finish most of our cooking. However, in between the cooking process, the tutor, Peter, always ask the management why why why again. But in fact, their ingredients and cooking methods are really strange. Finally we taste for the food, the taste of the pumpkin soup is not normal, full of the smell and taste of celery but no pumpkin. The pasta are dry and the clams are full of sand, terrible. The chocolate puddings are not "solidified", it is like drinking the dessert. The most normal dish is the starter, shrimp salad, taste good. The management team could have a large room for improvement. However, it is good to work with the management team and my colleagues, it is interesting, though my legs are extremely tired. We stand for 3 hours every Saturday. All of us are already very tired after this class.

My Kay come back to school to find me today. I pick some of the food for him to taste. He fully realize that I am cook better than those boys. The most important is that we also realize that Peter is a "non-responsible" tutor. He only knows how to scold us but not guiding us. haha
Kay:: Work hard for the examination!

e*

沒有留言:

張貼留言